Makes breakfast for two.
Recipe submitted by Erin.
These are fairly low in protein, so we recommend adding some protein (bacon, sausage, chicken) to this breakfast.
Approximate cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 1-2 Tbs almond butter
- fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup nuts of choice (walnuts, macadamia, almonds are good), chopped
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Dash of sea salt (optional)
- Mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, coconut flour, almond butter, blueberries, and nuts and salt, and whisk until well blended.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat along with a small pat of coconut oil.
- Pour small discs of batter onto the hot pan (around 3-4" around). They'll be easier to flip if you keep them from the edges of the pan.
- Flip when batter loses its "tackiness" around the edges.
- Cook other side slowly over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Reapply oil to the pan after each round of pancakes.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.