Recipe submitted by Erin.
These are fairly low in protein, so we recommend adding some protein (bacon, sausage, chicken) to this breakfast.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Banana Almond Pancakes (Improved Recipe!)
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 medium banana(s)
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) almond butter
- 1 cup(s) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup(s) nuts of choice (walnuts, macadamia, almonds are good), chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- Mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, coconut flour, almond butter, blueberries, and nuts and salt, and whisk until well blended.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat along with a small pat of coconut oil.
- Pour small discs of batter onto the hot pan (around 3-4 inches around). They'll be easier to flip if you keep them from the edges of the pan.
- Flip when batter loses its "tackiness" around the edges.
- Cook other side slowly over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Reapply oil to the pan after each round of pancakes.