Need a Paleo pizza crust recipe? Try this one made with flax seeds and almonds. It rises due to the baking powder, which gives it a good texture. It’s a great base on which to bake your favorite Paleo pizza creations.
Makes 1 (12in) pizza base (about 4 servings).
Nutritional information calculated on crust base, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/2 lb sausage links and 1 red bell pepper
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Combine flaxseed meal, almond meal, sea salt, baking powder and Italian herbs together until lump-free.
- Beat together eggs, oil, honey and water until smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture. Blend well until smooth.
- Cover with a towel and put in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Press into desired shape.
- Place on a pre-greased or non-stick pizza pan or sit on a silicon baking mat.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the center of the oven until cooked.
- Add favorite toppings and then return to the oven to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.