Makes 1 (12in) pizza base (about 4 servings).
Approximate cooking time: 45 minutes
Nutritional information calculated on crust base, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/2 lb sausage links and 1 red bell pepper
- 1-1/4 cups flaxseed meal
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp natural baking powder
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp Italian mixed dried herbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten until smooth
- 3 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup water
- toppings of choice
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Combine flaxseed meal, almond meal, sea salt, baking powder and Italian herbs together until lump-free.
- Beat together eggs, oil, honey and water until smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture. Blend well until smooth.
- Press into desired shape.
- Place on a pre-greased or non-stick pizza pan or sit on a silicon baking mat.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the center of the oven until cooked.
- Add favorite toppings and then return to the oven to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.