Smoothies are the perfect breakfast or snack for meals on the run. The chia seeds in this deliciously fruity version add a unique texture. Drink the smoothie right away for a satisfying crunch, or wait for the seeds to “gel” and enjoy a texture similar to tapioca pearls.
This shake is lower in protein than most Paleo breakfasts, so be sure to pair it with a hard-boiled egg, some cooked chicken or sausage, or a handful of almonds for a complete meal.
- 1 large kiwi(s), peeled and roughly chopped or sliced
- 1 cup(s) strawberries, frozen
- 1 can(s) coconut milk, full fat (403 mL)
- 2 tablespoon(s) chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) honey, raw, (optional)
- Combine kiwi, strawberries, coconut milk and honey (if desired) in a blender. Pulse for 60 seconds, or until fully blended.
- Stir in chia seeds. Serve immediately. For a thicker smoothie, refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours to let chia seeds "gel."