Smoothies are the perfect breakfast or snack for meals on the run. The chia seeds in this deliciously fruity version add a unique texture. Drink the smoothie right away for a satisfying crunch, or wait for the seeds to “gel” and enjoy a texture similar to tapioca pearls.
This shake is lower in protein than most Paleo breakfasts, so be sure to pair it with a hard-boiled egg, some cooked chicken or sausage, or a handful of almonds for a complete meal.
Makes 2 smoothies.
Approximate prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 large kiwi, peeled and roughly chopped or sliced
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 (14 fl. oz.) can full fat coconut milk
- 2 TB. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. raw honey (optional)
- Combine kiwi, strawberries, coconut milk and honey (if desired) in a blender. Pulse for 60 seconds, or until fully blended.
- Stir in chia seeds. Serve immediately. For a thicker smoothie, refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours to let chia seeds “gel.”
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.