Nearly everyone has something they want to improve about their health, but not a ton of time to invest. With the chaos of modern living, smoothies are a great way to effortlessly boost your diet with nourishing ingredients.
We love smoothies because they prep fast and are an easy, on-the-go option to curb cravings. Plus, you can harness the power of your smoothie to hack your health goals! Each smoothie below contains ingredients that help promote different health goals, from weight loss to balancing hormones to boosting gut health. Take your pick below and get blending.
1. Weight Loss
Losing weight can feel like a complex battle rooted in mathematical equations that try to solve the complication of enough time to work out, prep food, and take care of life as usual. Luckily, this Strawberry Avocado Protein Smoothie has you covered.
- Coconut milk: loaded with healthy fats that keep you feeling full
- Paleo protein powder: promotes balanced blood sugar and keeps cravings away
- Avocado: healthy fats that are loaded with vitamins to support the gut
- Spinach: fiber helps promote proper elimination and digestive health, which can lead to weight loss
2. Reduces Bloating
This Cranberry Coconut Smoothie contains fiber and healthy fat, with cranberries to help shed extra water weight and slim down your tummy.
- Cranberries: reduce water weight
- Ginger: anti-inflammatory
- Coconut milk: healthy fats to keep you full without loading up on heavy foods
Recipe: Cranberry Coconut Smoothie
3. Balances Blood Sugar
Blood sugar issues are tricky, but this cozy smoothie helps provide balance. You don’t have to wait until autumn to eat it, either. If you’re diabetic or counting carbs, leave out the optional honey.
- Pumpkin purée: loaded with fiber, which helps slow down carbohydrate digestion
- Collagen: protein to promote blood sugar balance
- Cinnamon: when regularly eaten, can help to promote balanced blood sugar and insulin
Recipe: Fall Flavors Smoothie
4. Clears Skin
The skin is a reflection of what’s going on inside of our bodies, so to promote healthy skin, we need to also have a healthy gut. Foods that worsen complexions include dairy, sugar, and processed foods. Luckily, this smoothie is packed with skin-friendly superfoods.
- Coconut milk: nourishes the skin with healthy fats to keep it supple and smooth
- Spinach: leafy greens are loaded with antioxidants that help eliminate toxins that contribute to acne and other skin problems
Recipe: Berry Coconut Chia Smoothie
5. Balances Hormones
Hormones function within a delicate balance in the body and can get out of whack when inflammation or gut problems take over. This anti-inflammatory smoothie helps to support the liver, which metabolizes hormones and keeps them, especially estrogen, in check.
- Pineapple: promotes healthy digestion and enzyme function
- Ginger: anti-inflammatory and supports a healthy digestive process
- Turmeric: supports natural detox and helps break down old hormones
Recipe: Ginger Turmeric Smoothie
6. Increases Fertility
Boosting fertility in preparation of having a baby is an exciting task. Filling your diet with fresh fruits and vegetables is a great way to ensure you have the nutrients you’ll need.
- Coconut water: helps to balance hydration and support fertility
- Spinach: rich in antioxidants and fiber
- Collagen: supports gut health and prepares the body for pregnancy
7. Boosts Thyroid Health
Eating for thyroid health means taking in lots of anti-inflammatory nutrients while making sure you get enough protein for balance. Remember: the thyroid needs a stable environment to produce hormones.
- Coconut milk: healthy fats promote a balanced weight
- Blackberries: rich in antioxidants to reduce inflammation
- Paleo protein powder: promotes stable blood sugar for optimal hormone levels
Recipe: Blackberry Protein Smoothie
8. Boost Energy
Matcha is a natural way to boost energy without using coffee. This smoothie pairs it with avocado for a creamy texture that will keep you feeling full and energized.
- Coconut milk: healthy fats keep you feeling full
- Avocado: filled with B vitamins and other nutrients to support energy
- Matcha: an antioxidant-rich way to get a natural burst of energy
Recipe: Matcha Smoothie
Your body is constantly detoxing. However, the detox organs, especially the liver, need the right nutrients to get the job done properly. This smoothie is loaded with the right stuff.
- Beets: nourish the liver and support natural detox phases
- Avocado: filled with B vitamins and antioxidants that keep the detox organs protected from toxins
- Strawberries: have fiber and antioxidants to promote healthy elimination
Recipe: Beets and Berries Smoothie
10. Improves Digestion
Digestion is something we don’t notice unless it’s not working right! This greens smoothie is packed with enzyme-rich vegetables and fruits that support healthy digestion.
- Ginger: eases digestive discomfort and relieves nausea
- Lemon: naturally encourages the right amount of stomach acid
- Flax seeds: fiber to promote proper elimination
Recipe: Green Smoothie
You don’t have to sacrifice convenience just because you’re on the AIP diet. This smoothie is filled with antioxidant goodness and is an easy-to-make drink.
- Collagen: an easy protein source that also nourishes the gut
- Coconut oil: healthy fat to support natural energy
- Blueberries: antioxidants to fight inflammation
Recipe: Paleo AIP Smoothie
12. Balances Gut Health
Good gut health is a combination of healthy digestion, absorption, and elimination. This smoothie is packed with foods that support all three.
- Pineapple: contains enzymes that support the proper breakdown of food
- Banana: contains prebiotics to nourish the good gut bacteria
Recipe: Tropical Coconut Smoothie
Staying hydrated goes well beyond just drinking water. While sports drinks provide electrolytes, they also come with a hefty dose of sugar and fake ingredients. This smoothie, on the other hand, provides natural electrolytes and nutrients that keep the body hydrated.
- Coconut water: provides electrolytes
- Mango: natural sugar to help the body use electrolytes
- Avocado: healthy fats and nutrients to help the body maintain the right fluid balance
Recipe: Avocado Smoothie
14. Fights Sugar Cravings
Sugar cravings are no fun, especially when you’re trying to quit. This smoothie is packed with fiber to keep cravings at bay when you’re feeling hungry. TIp: Swap the apple juice with chopped apples to get even more fiber.
- Apple: Dietary fiber to fill you up
- Kale: filled with vitamins, minerals and fiber to balance blood sugar and curb cravings
- Lemon juice: high in vitamin C, supports weight loss and boosts digestion
Recipe: Kale and Apple Smoothie
15. Lowers Inflammation
Whether you’re fighting inflammation from a chronic condition or want to avoid elevated levels, this smoothie is loaded with anti-inflammatory superfoods.
- Lemon: rich in antioxidants
- Turmeric: an anti-inflammatory superfood that reduces systemic problems
- Collagen: nourishes a healthy gut and helps repair leaky gut issues
Recipe: Lemon Turmeric Smoothie
(Read This Next: 33 Amazing and Nourishing AIP Recipes)