Pumpkins, apples and aromatic vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg, speak of falling leaves and cooler temperatures. The flavors of fall bring autumn to the table and even a cold smoothie provides a sense of comfort and warmth. To impart sweetness in this Fall Flavors Smoothie recipe, use a naturally sweet apple such as organic Honeycrisp. Whole nutmeg and ginger work best in this recipe but you can substitute with ground spices. Grass-fed collagen provides some protein but to make this smoothie a more complete meal, add a couple of eggs, a lunchmeat roll-up or any other type of additional protein on the side.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Fall Flavors Smoothie
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup(s) pumpkin puree, organic fresh or canned
- 1 cup(s) almond milk
- 1 cup(s) ice
- 1 large apple(s), sweet unpeeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) collagen powder, grass-fed
- 2 teaspoon(s) ginger, fresh peeled, about 1/2 inch for 2 servings
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cloves, ground
- 2 teaspoon(s) honey, raw (optional)
- Add everything to a blender and puree. Enjoy!