It’s bar-b-que night and we have the perfect Paleo recipe for Pepper Steak.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Paleo Pepper Steak Recipe
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound(s) beef flank, sirloin, or NY strip steak(s) - about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil bacon drippings, lard or tallow
- 1 medium onion(s) sliced
- 2 medium bell pepper(s) green, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 4 large carrot(s) shredded
- Cut steak into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add onions and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly translucent. Move to edges of pan.
- Place steak slices in hot pan and sear on each side, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in green peppers, water, garlic and salt. Cook another 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender and meat is cooked to desired temperature.
- Season with black pepper and serve on a bed of raw, shredded carrots.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here