If you miss dairy and whipped cream on your Paleo diet, then we’ve got a serious treat for you! This Coconut Whipped Cream recipe is a healthy and Paleo version of whipped cream, that can be used anywhere that you would use traditional dairy whipped cream. Enjoy our Coconut Whipped Cream recipe on fresh sliced fruit or berries, atop Paleo Pumpkin Pie at Thanksgiving, in your Paleo Hot Cocoa, or as a topping for any another Paleo dessert!
Be sure to refrigerate your can of coconut milk overnight so you can easily separate the coconut cream from the coconut water (you’ll be using the cream only for this recipe). For more delicious and Paleo dessert recipes (and hundreds of other FREE Paleo recipes), visit our Paleo Plan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Coconut Whipped Cream
Total Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Passive Time: 2 hours
- 1 can(s) coconut milk, full fat (403 mL)
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) vanilla (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cinnamon or freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Refrigerate can of coconut milk for at least 2 hours (best if refrigerated over night).
- Open the can and scoop out thickened coconut cream on top into a medium bowl. Drink the coconut water at the bottom, or save it for a smoothie.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla if desired, and whip coconut cream with a wire whisk until it begins to thicken.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here