This healthy and refreshing Paleo green smoothie recipe combines fruits like apples and pears with vibrant greens, with flax seeds added for texture and greater nutrition. It is endlessly adaptable to your own taste preferences. Try using chia seeds in place of the flax seeds, or adding berries, carrots, cubes of melon, and extra ginger or lemon juice. Cucumber used in place of the water adds freshness, and coconut milk or nut butter will make it creamier. If you enjoyed this Green Smoothie recipe, try our Green Smoothie Bowls recipe next time. For more Paleo smoothie recipes and to check out our hundreds of other FREE Paleo recipes, visit the PaleoPlan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 medium apple(s)
- 1 medium pear(s)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ginger, fresh grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) flax seeds, ground
- 6 large kale leaves (take out woody stems), or 2 handfuls of spinach for 2 servings
- 1 medium lemon(s), juiced
- 1 cup(s) water
- Quarter apple and pear, remove stems and seeds and put in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and puree. Add more water if needed.