What would cold weather be without hot cocoa? This easy to make Paleo Hot Cocoa recipe is packed with vitamins and perfect for a cold or rainy day. If you didn’t realize that you can enjoy hot cocoa while on the Paleo diet, well today’s your lucky day! This dark chocolaty Paleo drink is made from the highest quality ingredients and has a rich creaminess that rivals even the most expensive brands (think Godiva). Serve it to your friends at your next event or save it for yourself when you need something sweet to get you through the day. You can even top it with our Coconut Whipped Cream!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup(s) almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 11/2 tablespoon(s) ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) honey, raw or coconut sugar (or more to taste)
- Bring the almond milk and coconut milk to a boil. Stir in honey and cacao powder until thoroughly combined.
- Remove from heat. Add to a food processor along with the ghee and vanilla extract. Pulse or blend on low until mixed.
- Optional: Top with whipped cream and serve hot.