Serve with a vegetable for a complete meal.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Steak of the Caveman
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20-35 minutes
- 2 piece(s) beef - sirloin steak(s), (8-12 oz) or sirloin, strip or tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or tallow, melted
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, black pepper, garlic, sea salt (optional) and oil or tallow.
- Place steaks on broiler pan and brush both sides with oil mixture.
- Broil 2-3 inches from heat source (usually the very top of the oven) for 7 minutes for medium-rare (8 minutes for medium). Remove from oven and turn steaks. Return to oven and broil the other side an additional 5 minutes for medium-rare (6 minutes for medium).
- When desired internal temperature is reached, remove steaks from oven, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite vegetable or side.