This Paleo dinner rolls recipe is quick to bake and easy to prep! The resulting vegetarian-friendly and Paleo dinner rolls make the perfect sidekick to any soup, stew, or holiday meal. While they’re more dense than typical white flour rolls, they have the classic, home-style taste of yeast rolls. The best part about these this dinner roll recipe is that the rolls don’t require time to rise, and they can easily be made ahead and reheated in the oven on low heat. These rolls are everything you would hope for in a Paleo bread: fluffy, moist, and delicious.
Serving size = 1 roll
Recipe updated 11/1/15
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Paleo Dinner Rolls
Total Time: 65 minutes
Cook Time: 65 minutes
saturated fat 3g
- 11/2 cup(s) cassava flour
- 1/2 cup(s) hazelnut flour
- 1/4 cup(s) tapioca flour or starch
- 1 tablespoon(s) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee or lard or Paleo shortening
- 1 large egg(s)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup cassava flour, the yeast, sugar, and sea salt with a whisk. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk, water, and ghee over medium heat until very warm. Do not boil. When warm, remove from heat and add to the flour yeast mixture.
- Add the egg and mix with a whisk until fully combined. Add the remaining flour and use a spatula or your hands to combine the dough thoroughly.
- Grease a round 8 inch pan with coconut oil or ghee. Divide the dough into 12 equal balls and place them close together in the center of the round pan. Cover with plastic and let rise on the stove top for 30 minutes.
- When done rising, remove plastic and bake in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and brush with ghee or olive oil, if desired. Serve warm or reheat before serving.