These Paleo pancakes are made with with almonds, coconut, and flax seed, making them Paleo-friendly too! Our delicious almond pancakes have a nuttier flavor than traditional pancakes, and they’re much healthier as well. If you’re looking for a great egg free pancake recipe, look no further! These come together fast and make a hearty egg free breakfast that is vegan and vegetarian-friendly as well. For more FREE Paleo breakfast recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Coconut Almond Pancakes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
saturated fat 22.8g
- 1 medium banana(s) ripe
- 1 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup(s) flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted, plus additional for cooking
- 1 cup(s) almond meal or ground almonds
- 1 cup(s) coconut, unsweetened shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 cup(s) berries, fresh optional
- 4 tablespoon(s) maple syrup optional
- Mash the banana in a large bowl and add the coconut milk, flax, and coconut oil. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk well, until you have a thick batter.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat and add a teaspoon or two of coconut oil. Drop the batter onto the skillet in 1/4 cup scoops, and flatten slightly. Cook until browned on both sides and serve warm with fresh berries and syrup or desired accompaniments.