This breakfast casserole is made of hearty sweet potatoes and sweetened with bananas. Coconut flakes give it an oatmeal like texture. It’s perfect for a healthy breakfast when you don’t want eggs, and makes an impressive brunch dish as well. For more FREE Paleo breakfast recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
Total Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
saturated fat 16.3g
- 2 medium sweet potato(es) peeled and cubed
- 2 cup(s) almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup(s) coconut flakes
- 2 medium banana(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) almond flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the sweet potatoes. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and set aside. Return the pot to the stove and add the milk and coconut.
- Bring to a boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat, and add the sweet potatoes and bananas to the pot. Mash lightly, and stir in maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Transfer mixture to a square baking pan or casserole dish.
- To make the topping, mix the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until top is browned. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm.