You’ll never miss your favorite coffee shop muffins again with these grain-free apple cinnamon muffins.
A quick homemade applesauce is paired with other healthy ingredients for a super easy breakfast that is perfect for busy mornings. Using a sweet apple such as Red Delicious means you don’t have to add any sugar to this Paleo muffin recipe; and you can leave the skin on for even more nutrients.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Total Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
saturated fat 20.7g
- 2 small apple(s) cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 4 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 package(s) paper muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Put the apples in a saucepan with the lemon juice and cover. Add enough water to cover half. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until apples are broken down. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Leave in the blender and let cool for 5 minutes.
- When the apples are warm, add the remaining ingredients to the blender and puree on low until you have a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared muffin tin, filling each tin about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until muffins are well browned and tops are firm. Cool before removing from pan.