This brightly colored, unusual dish can be served for breakfast or as a main dish for lunch or dinner. Crispy bacon adds protein and ever-so-slightly grassy dill makes the flavor more complex. It can be eaten warm or chilled. Butternut squash can be substituted for the sweet potato, mashed avocado can be used instead of mayonnaise, and rosemary can be used instead of dill.
- Place eggs in small sauce pan, cover with cold water, cover pan and place over high heat until just before boiling.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 13 minutes.
- Immediately rinse in cold water, peel eggs, dice and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice sweet potato.
- Heat skillet over medium-high. When hot, add bacon and cook for 5 minutes. Add diced sweet potato and continue to cook until potato is tender and bacon is fully cooked.
- In a small bowl, mix dill, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Add eggs, sweet potato and bacon, and mix. Serve warm or cold.