Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 90 minutes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- 2 Tbs coconut milk (canned, full fat)
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup unsweetened barbecue sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine all ingredients except ground beef and BBQ sauce in a large bowl, and mix.
- When well blended, add ground beef and combine together with a fork.
- Place mixture into a non-greased loaf pan or shape into a loaf on a non-greased baking pan.
- Pour sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake, uncovered, for 75-85 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 160° F is reached (or until there is no pink in the center).
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.