Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 90 minutes
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|4||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||small||onion(s), yellow, finely chopped|
|1/4||head(s)||cabbage(s), red, chopped (about 1 cup per 4 servings)|
|2||tablespoon(s)||coconut milk, full fat|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||hot pepper sauce|
|11/2||pound(s)||beef, lean ground|
|1/2||cup(s)||barbecue sauce, unsweetened, (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except ground beef and BBQ sauce in a large bowl, and mix.
- When well blended, add ground beef and combine together with a fork.
- Place mixture into a non-greased loaf pan or shape into a loaf on a non-greased baking pan.
- Pour sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake, uncovered, for 75-85 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 160 F is reached (or until there is no pink in the center).
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.