Approximate Cook Time: 90 minutes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sage, dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic, granulated
- 1 teaspoon(s) chipotle, ground
- 4 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 small onion(s), yellow, finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) cabbage(s), red, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) almond meal
- 1 large egg(s), beaten
- 11/2 pound(s) beef, lean ground
- 1/2 cup(s) barbecue sauce, unsweetened, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except ground beef and BBQ sauce in a large bowl, and mix.
- When well blended, add ground beef and combine together with a fork.
- Place mixture into a non-greased loaf pan or shape into a loaf on a non-greased baking pan.
- Pour sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake, uncovered, for 75-85 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 160 F is reached (or until there is no pink in the center).
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.