Approximate Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 6 slice(s) bacon
- 1 tablespoon(s) bacon drippings, for brushing tins
- 4 large egg(s)
- 1 medium tomato(es), cut into 4 (1/2 inch) slices
- 1/2 medium onion(s), chopped
- 4 medium mushrooms, white button
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it begins to shrivel (about 3 minutes). Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
- Discard all but a shallow film of bacon fat in the bottom of the skillet.
- Brush 4 cups in a muffin tin or 4 small ramekins with bacon fat from the pan.
- Add chopped onions and mushrooms to hot pan with remaining bacon drippings in the skillet and cook over medium heat until softened.
- Meanwhile, place a tomato slice in the bottom of each cup. Circle the inside of each cup with 1.5 strips of bacon.
- Break an egg into each muffin cup and season with pepper.
- Add sauteed mushrooms and onions over the egg.
- Fill any unused tins with water to protect from burning.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- To serve, loosen the edges of the eggs with spatula and transfer the eggs to plates.