Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Just Plain Chili
Total Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 2 pound(s) beef, lean ground
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), green diced
- 6 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 3 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 11/2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, (28 oz)
- Light coals in grill. While coals are setting (30-45 minutes), form ground beef into large patties. If you don't have a grill feel free to cook the beef in another pan. You shouldn't need to add any oil to cook the meat in. Make sure you drain any excess fat before transferring meat to the skillet (or not if you want the extra fat).
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed soup pot, and add freshly ground black pepper.
- Add bell pepper and saute 5-7 minutes. Turn heat off and stir in minced garlic.
- Grill patties over coals until medium rare, no more than 5 minutes on each side.
- Turn heat on high under soup pot, and place patties in with garlic, oil, and pepper mixture.
- Break up patties into small pieces with spatula and brown meat? thoroughly. Add tomatoes.
- Mash and break up tomatoes with spatula.
- Add enough water to cover all ingredients, reduce heat to low, and let simmer 2 hours or more.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here