Makes about 15-20 small macaroons.
This recipe originated from http://paleofood.com/baked.htm#almondmacaroons
Approximate cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups almonds, coarsely ground
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp lemon zest
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 250℉.
- Grind or chop almonds coarsely (this could also be done in a food processor, but be sure not to grind into a paste). Set aside.
- Mix cinnamon and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
- Beat egg whites and add to mixture.
- Add honey and lemon juice and stir vigorously to blend thoroughly.
- Add almond mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop small portions of the batter onto parchment paper.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from paper with a spatula while still slightly warm.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.