This recipe originated from http://paleofood.com/baked.htm#almondmacaroons
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 11/4 cup(s) almonds, coarsely ground
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 2 medium egg white(s), beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) honey, raw
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Grind or chop almonds coarsely (this could also be done in a food processor, but be sure not to grind into a paste). Set aside.
- Mix cinnamon and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
- Beat egg whites and add to mixture.
- Add honey and lemon juice and stir vigorously to blend thoroughly.
- Add almond mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop small portions of the batter onto parchment paper.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from paper with a spatula while still slightly warm.