Makes 1 (9″) cake, about 9 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 75 minutes
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup raw honey (or less, if desired)
- 1 1/2 cup cooked and pureed carrots
- 1 Tbs orange zest
- 1 Tbs orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 3 cups almond flour
- coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- Beat the egg yolks and honey together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix in carrot puree, orange zest, orange juice concentrate, and almond flour.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff (a hand mixer is recommended for this step). Carefully fold into batter.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch springform pan, lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.