Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb petite sirloin steak, cut into very thin strips
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs flax meal
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb. broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat the 1 Tbs coconut oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced beef and 1/4 tsp sea salt, and brown. Remove beef from pan to a side dish, and get rid of excess juice left in pan.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, flax meal, grated ginger, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes with 1/4 cup broth.
- Heat pan again over medium heat. Add 1 Tbs coconut oil when pan is hot.
- Add broccoli and carrots to pan. Pour liquid ingredients on top and toss to coat.
- Cook over medium heat until broccoli is tender.
- Return the beef to the pan and add the green onions. Add the extra chicken broth if preferred.
- Stir beef in until it's coated with sauce, and let simmer for a few minutes until beef warmed through.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.