Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
|2||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||pound(s)||beef - petite sirloin steak(s), cut into very thin strips|
|1||tablespoon(s)||flax seeds, ground|
|2||teaspoon(s)||ginger, fresh, grated|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||red pepper flakes|
|2||head(s)||broccoli, cut into florets (about 2 cups)|
|2||large||carrot(s), thinly sliced|
|1||medium||onion(s), green, thinly sliced|
- Heat the 1 tablespoon coconut oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced beef and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and brown. Remove beef from pan to a side dish, and get rid of excess juice left in pan.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, flax meal, grated ginger, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes with 1/4 cup broth.
- Heat pan again over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil when pan is hot.
- Add broccoli and carrots to pan. Pour liquid ingredients on top and toss to coat.
- Cook over medium heat until broccoli is tender.
- Return the beef to the pan and add the green onions. Add the extra chicken broth if preferred.
- Stir beef in until it's coated with sauce, and let simmer for a few minutes until beef warmed through.