This is a much heartier version than “Almost Oatmeal,” submitted by Claire9, based on a recipe found here.
Approximate Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup(s) walnuts, (really any nuts will work, though)
- 1/4 cup(s) pecans
- 2 tablespoon(s) flax seeds, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon(s) almond butter
- 1 medium banana(s), mashed
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) almond milk, unsweetened, (add more if desired)
- 2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup(s) berries, fresh, (optional)
- Add walnuts, pecans, flax seed and spices to a food processor and pulse mixture to a coarse grain (make sure to stop before it is ground into a powder). Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and almond milk until the consistency thickens and becomes a loose custard.
- Thoroughly blend the mashed banana and almond butter together and add it to the custard, mixing well.
- Stir in the coarse nut mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove until the "no-oatmeal" reaches the desired consistency and the whisked eggs look firm as though cooked; this should only take about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and berries on top. Add more almond milk if desired.