Ground nuts combine with almond butter, banana, and a custard base to make a flavorful oatmeal substitute with a great nutty and spicy taste. Topped with berries and seeds, it looks as delicious as it sounds. You can use coconut milk instead of the almond milk and applesauce instead of the banana. Submitted by Claire9, based on a recipe found here.
|1/4||cup(s)||walnuts, (really any nuts will work, though)|
|2||tablespoon(s)||flax seeds, ground|
|1/4||cup(s)||almond milk, unsweetened, (add more if desired)|
|1/2||cup(s)||berries, fresh, (optional)|
- Add walnuts, pecans, flax seed and spices to a food processor and pulse mixture to a coarse grain (make sure to stop before it is ground into a powder). Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and almond milk until the consistency thickens and becomes a loose custard.
- Thoroughly blend the mashed banana and almond butter together and add it to the custard, mixing well.
- Stir in the coarse nut mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove until the "no-oatmeal" reaches the desired consistency and the whisked eggs look firm as though cooked; this should only take about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and berries on top. Add more almond milk if desired.