This is a much heartier version than “Almost Oatmeal,” submitted by Claire9, based on a recipe found here.
Makes breakfast for two.
Approximate cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup walnuts (really any nuts will work, though)
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 Tbs ground flax seed
- 1/2–1 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbs almond butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more if desired)
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful of fresh berries (optional)
- Add walnuts, pecans, flax seed and spices to a food processor and pulse mixture to a coarse grain (make sure to stop before it is ground into a powder). Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and almond milk until the consistency thickens and becomes a loose custard.
- Thoroughly blend the mashed banana and almond butter together and add it to the custard, mixing well.
- Stir in the course nut mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove until the “no-oatmeal” reaches the desired consistency and the whisked eggs look firm as though cooked; this should only take about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and berries on top. Add more almond milk if desired.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.