This is a much heartier version than “Almost Oatmeal,” submitted by Claire9, based on a recipe found here.
Recipe makes 2 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 15 minutes
|1/4||cup(s)||walnuts, (really any nuts will work, though)|
|2||tablespoon(s)||flax seeds, ground|
|1/4||cup(s)||almond milk, unsweetened, (add more if desired)|
|1/2||cup(s)||berries, fresh, (optional)|
- Add walnuts, pecans, flax seed and spices to a food processor and pulse mixture to a coarse grain (make sure to stop before it is ground into a powder). Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and almond milk until the consistency thickens and becomes a loose custard.
- Thoroughly blend the mashed banana and almond butter together and add it to the custard, mixing well.
- Stir in the coarse nut mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove until the "no-oatmeal" reaches the desired consistency and the whisked eggs look firm as though cooked; this should only take about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and berries on top. Add more almond milk if desired.