Makes a hearty breakfast for two adults.
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 bacon slices
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 handful spinach
- Cook bacon, remove from pan and reserve 1 Tbs of the bacon drippings in the pan. (Alternatively, cook bacon on baking sheet in oven for 20 minutes at 350F while everything else cooks).
- Meanwhile, wash and chop the vegetables.
- Over medium-high heat, add the zucchini, garlic and tomato to the pan with the remaining bacon drippings. Saute until just before tender.
- While cooking, beat eggs in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Crumble cooked bacon and set aside.
- When the vegetables are almost done, add the beaten eggs and crumbled bacon to the pan, along with the fresh spinach. Turn heat to medium-low and cook until the eggs are fluffy and firm.