This easy breakfast recipe combines the grounding protein of crisp bacon and fluffy eggs with vibrant, healthy vegetables like tomatoes, zucchini, and spinach. It’s a convenient, self-contained dish as well with the use of bacon drippings as a cooking fat. Feel free to use cherry tomatoes instead for additional tang, or chop some fresh basil and add at the same time as the spinach for extra flavor.
|1||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
- Cook bacon, remove from pan and reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings in the pan. (Alternatively, cook bacon on baking sheet in oven for 20 minutes at 350 F while everything else cooks).
- Meanwhile, wash and chop the vegetables.
- Over medium-high heat, add the zucchini, garlic and tomato to the pan with the remaining bacon drippings. Sauté until just before tender.
- While cooking, beat eggs in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Crumble cooked bacon and set aside.
- When the vegetables are almost done, add the beaten eggs and crumbled bacon to the pan, along with the fresh spinach. Turn heat to medium-low and cook until the eggs are fluffy and firm.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, if desired.