This stir-fry recipe mixes bacon with a medley of colorful fresh vegetables and is great for those looking for a healthy weekend breakfast. Any green vegetable can be used in place of the green beans, including peas, kale, or broccoli. Chili powder and chopped garlic can be added for even more flavor. You can make this recipe even more substantial by serving it with a couple of scrambled eggs.
|1/2||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|1||medium||sweet potato(es), diced|
|1/3||pound(s)||green beans, fresh, or about 8-10 beans|
|1/8||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground, to taste|
- Cook chopped bacon in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Drain fat when done and set bacon aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbs of drippings from the bacon pan, onion, and sweet potato.
- Stirring often, saute until onions begin to turn translucent and sweet potato softens slightly (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add zucchini and green beans to the sweet potato mixture and cook just until they turn bright green.
- Combine bacon and vegetables. Season with freshly ground black pepper, and top with avocado to serve.