Crisp bacon combines with the bright flavor of spinach and tomatoes in this unique Paleo breakfast recipe. The addition of eggs, avocado and almonds tops up the protein and healthy fat content of this healthy BLT breakfast. You can replace the bacon with salami if you like (or to save some time). If you’re tight on time in the morning, you can also cook the bacon, reserve the drippings, and chop the vegetables the night before.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 6 slice(s) bacon diced
- 2 cup(s) spinach, baby
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape halved (or use 1 medium tomato, chopped)
- 4 large egg(s)
- 1 medium avocado(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) almonds, slivered
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until fully cooked (about 15 minutes). Remove 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings and set aside.
- Add baby spinach and tomatoes to the bacon and remaining drippings, and toss until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are warmed (a few minutes). Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add reserved bacon drippings when pan is hot. Fry eggs in bacon drippings.
- To serve, place the eggs on top of the bacon, spinach and tomatoes, and top with avocado and slivered almonds. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, if desired.