This Paleo style Vanilla Pound Cake recipe is just like the kind your grandmother used to make, but much healthier. Traditional pound cake is definitely delicious, but it gets its name from the ingredients: a pound of butter, pound of eggs, and a pound of flour…not Paleo friendly by a long shot! Fortunately, you can make a Paleo pound cake that is moist, delicious, and not too sweet.
Top this Paleo vanilla pound cake with fresh berries for a refreshing dessert, or serve it with whipped coconut cream. You can customize it by using lemon or orange extract instead of the vanilla. No matter how you make it, you are sure to enjoy it!
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 9 x 13 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine and sift almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda.
- Add eggs to a large mixing bowl and beat lightly. Add maple syrup (or honey), coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla. Stir just until combined, and be careful not to over mix ( some small clumps of coconut oil are fine; it will melt while baking).
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mix until just combined, using caution not to over mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.