If you’re looking for a delicious way to prepare sirloin steak, then our Sirloin Steaks with Creamy Mushrooms recipe is for you! This Paleo recipe uses healthful coconut oil to saute garlic, mushrooms and rosemary into a delicious creamy topping for the broiled steaks. Serve with a side of our Smashed Root Vegetables for a well-rounded, super filling, and ultra healthy Paleo meal.
If you enjoyed this Sirloin Steaks with Creamy Mushrooms recipe, try our Cuban-Style Slow Cooker Flank Steak recipe next time. Looking for even more delicious Paleo recipes? Look no further! Visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Sirloin Steaks with Creamy Mushrooms
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
saturated fat 14g
- 2 piece(s) beef - sirloin steak(s), (8-12 oz) about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or olive oil
- 3 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 pound(s) mushrooms, white button, cremini or shitaake
- 2 tablespoon(s) rosemary, fresh chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground (optional)
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Place steaks on broiler pan and sprinkle both sides with sea salt.
- Broil steaks 2-3 inches from heat source (usually the very top of the oven) for 7 minutes for medium-rare (8 minutes for medium). Remove from oven and turn steaks. Return to oven and broil the other side an additional 5 minutes for medium-rare (6 minutes for medium).
- When desired internal temperature is reached, remove steaks from oven, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- While steaks are cooking and resting, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and rosemary to the pan. Sauté stirring frequently for 10-15 minutes, or until mushrooms have softened. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Spoon warm mushrooms over steak to serve.