This Paleo nut-free banana bread recipe is “bananalicous” and easy to make. Co-staring with bananas is sunflower seed butter, which adds a pleasing nutty flavor to Paleo quick breads without the use of actual nuts. Of course if you don’t have a nut allergy, and you have some almond butter or another nut butter on hand, go ahead and use it. All nut and seed butters are interchangeable in this recipe.
If you liked our Bananalicious Nut-Free Banana Bread recipe, try our Egg-free, Coconut-free, Nut-free Banana Muffins next time. Looking for even more Paleo bread recipes? Visit our PaleoPlan recipe center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Bananalicious Nut-Free Banana Bread
Total Time: 85 minutes
Cook Time: 85 minutes
- 1 large banana(s) mashed
- 2 large egg(s)
- 3/4 cup(s) sunflower seed butter or nut butter
- 1/3 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted plus more for greasing pan
- 1/2 cup(s) tapioca flour or starch
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat an 8.5x4.5 loaf pan with coconut oil. Cut a piece of unbleached parchment paper to fit the bottom of the loaf pan and place in the pan. Coat the parchment with coconut oil.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the tapioca flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Into a blender, add the bananas, eggs, sunflower seeds butter maple syrup, vanilla, lemon juice and coconut oil and process briefly to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the blender and process briefly until all the ingredients are combined into a batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until the top is browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.