This wonderful dish makes “breaded” chicken Paleo! Super quick and easy, this perfect blend of almond flour and unsweetened shredded coconut mimics the breadcrumbs used in traditional breaded chicken cutlet recipes. The result is tender chicken with a crunchy crust! Top with your favorite sauce or serve your coconut chicken on its own with Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Herbs, Spring Herbs and Greens Pasta or the savory side dish of your choice!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut, unsweetened shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- Mix almond flour, shredded coconut and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Beat egg in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken breast in egg and roll in dry mixture.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add coconut oil when hot.
- Pan fry chicken until fully cooked. If the crust starts to brown and your chicken isn't fully cooked yet (this will depend on the size of the chicken breast), take it out of the pan and place it in the oven on a baking sheet at 350 F for 5-10 minutes covered with foil.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here