This salad can be as simple or complicated as you like. Skip the optional ingredients for an easy to make lunch, or put in the extra time for an exceptionally flavorful meal.
Makes two salads.
Approximate prep time: 15 minutes
- Juice of ½ to 1 lemon (depending upon how lemon-y you like it)
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, washed with woody stems removed
- ¼-½ lb hard salami, diced
- ½ cup pickled sweet peppers (use cherry tomatoes if these cannot be found sugar-free)
- ½ cup peperoncinis
- 4-6 marinated artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup green olives (Castelveltrano recommended)
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 4-6 pickled red onion slices or rings (optional)
- Roasted Cauliflower (optional)
- In a small mason jar (with a lid), combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover with lid and shake until fully blended. Set aside.
- Thinly slice kale leaves. In a large salad bowl, toss the kale with the lemon dressing to coat leaves fully (use as much or as little as desired).
- Top kale with remaining ingredients as desired and divide into two bowls to serve.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.