This salad can be as simple or complicated as you like. Skip the optional ingredients for an easy to make lunch, or put in the extra time for an exceptionally flavorful meal.
Approximate Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 medium lemon(s), juiced,
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 bunch(es) kale, washed with woody stems removed
- 1/4 pound(s) salami, hard, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet peppers, pickled, (use cherry tomatoes if these cannot be found sugar-free)
- 1/2 cup(s) peperoncinis
- 5 whole artichoke hearts, marinated
- 1/4 cup(s) olive(s), green, (Castelveltrano recommended)
- 1/4 cup(s) sunflower seeds, toasted
- 5 pickled red onion(s), (optional)
- Roasted Cauliflower (recipe optional)
- In a small mason jar (with a lid), combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover with lid and shake until fully blended. Set aside.
- Thinly slice kale leaves. In a large salad bowl, toss the kale with the lemon dressing to coat leaves fully (use as much or as little as desired).
- Top kale with remaining ingredients as desired and divide into two bowls to serve.