Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 120 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil tallow, bacon grease, or lard
- 1/2 medium onion(s), yellow diced
- 3 medium celery stalk(s) diced
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) sliced
- 13/4 pound(s) bison, ground (elk, venison, or beef may be substituted)
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) thyme, dried
- 1 jar(s) salsa (12 oz)
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, diced (8 oz)
- 1 can(s) green chiles, mild (7 oz)
- 2 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- Heat a heavy bottomed soup pot over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add coconut oil.
- Add onions, celery and garlic and saute until onions are translucent, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Next, add ground bison, cumin, thyme, and chili powder.
- Stir while this cooks, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour in salsa, tomatoes, green chiles and salt.
- Simmer for at least 1 hour.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here