Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 2 hours
- 1 Tbs coconut oil, tallow, bacon grease, or lard
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1-3/4 lb ground bison (elk, venison, or beef may be substituted)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 (12 oz) jar salsa
- 1 (8 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 oz) can mild green chiles
- 2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Heat a heavy bottomed soup pot over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add coconut oil.
- Add onions, celery and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Next, add ground bison, cumin, thyme, and chili powder.
- Stir while this cooks, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour in salsa, tomatoes, green chiles and salt.
- Simmer for at least 1 hour.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.